After having been to the Wanderlust Festival in both Whistler and O’Ahu I thought I’d write a little post with some things I’ve learned about the festival!
10 Tips & Tricks About Wanderlust Festivals
- Bring a reusable water bottle, there’s refill stations all around the village!
- Don’t bother packing a lunch or snacks! There are so many free samples at the markets you can feast for free!
- That said, expect to spend way more than you plan at the markets. There are so many awesome vendors with unique things you’ll just have to buy!
- Get ready to make new friends! Everyone is seriously down to earth and easy going…plus, there’s a serious no judgement atmosphere going on!
- Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes…I had my Fitbit on and easily hit 25,000 plus steps many days!
- Stay in the village! It’s really nice to be able to pop in and out of your room between classes, plus it’s an incredible experience. I definitely recommend checking out Air BnB!
- Expect the classes to be packed. It’s easy to get frustrated when you can’t see or hear the instructor, but just go with the flow. It’s still a great time and just adds to the ‘get close and make friends’ atmosphere of the festival if you think positively about it!
- Accept that you will skip a class…or two. I always pack my schedule with as many yoga classes as I can and go hard for the first day or two. Then the exhaustion hits me and I ultimately end up switching that morning grind hike to a calming meditation or beginners yin class.
- It’s not just about yoga! You’re going to fall in love with new music too! Every festival I’m a little surprised by how much I love the bands that are incorporated into the festival. This past summer I discovered Deya Dova during a class in Whistler – it was hands down my favourite yoga class, ever!
- Bring your camera! There are so many awesome opportunities to take photos during the festival, you’ll definitely want to have your camera handy!